Production Cost- Teen Vogue x Parsons BlogPost

11:34 PMStephanie Rose

How to calculate the Product Cost of any item for sell! 





In this BlogPost, I am showing my readers the process of calculating the cost of a product. The chart below consist of all the items bought and the cost of the item to create this Sample (My Idea).

To calculate the estimated retail cost, Yu need to add the cost of making the product and the 20% profit. This tactic taught to me during my course has helped me to create a great profit and cover the price it take to create/produce your product.



At the time of learning this assignment, it has taught me to not only appreciate the cost of certain items but also the reasoning behind "cheap" and "over priced" items. Looking at the fabrics and quality of a product can really help determine the pricing and if what you are paying for "A rip off" or not!

I've had an online store in the past, selling my designed pieces and have ALWAYS trouble determined the pricing on the site. I calculated based on shipping, the cost to remake and my profit... Which cost me to close down until I found a better way to make the best profit. It really takes time and business thinking on who you want your buyers to be. If you are selling to a much younger crowd, the pricing needs to be negotiable. Meaning, you have to be ware of the making of an item. Using cheaper fabrics or materials to create a great product and create a better price.

FOR ANY QUESTIONS, FEEL FREE TO COMMENT BELOW OR EMAIL ME DIRECTLY BY CLICKING ON MY CONTACT TAB!

XOXO,


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

come back soon

come back soon