Assignment finding the perfect size

Production Standards

12:23 AMStephanie Rose

IN SEARCH FOR THE PERFECT SIZE

Hello Readers. As most of you shopaholics know, When shopping for garments, especially in stores that sell different brands, the sizing of the garments aren't always the same. For example your normal pants size can be a size US 5 but in another brand, the size that fits you best is a size US 8. In this blog post, I will be sharing my experience as I go on a trip to the mall!




As soon as I walked into the Department store, I grab different items all in my size. Shirts, Pants, Jackets and etc. As I went into the dressing room, I was not only to curious to see how all of these garments would fit but most importantly, some of the pieces I found for this season were REALLY CUTE! I grabbed two different pairs of jeans in different brands along with two shits, jackets and etc. It was funny to me while holding up the garments to try them on, only because even holding the garments side by side, you can tell  difference in the sizing. As I tried on many different items, I had  chosen one garment that I liked and that clearly did not fit me, I went and found the correct size.




In this photo, you will see that I grabbed what I thought was my "Normal" size for a jacket. You can choose to wear the jacket slightly big as this photo and own your style, but if you're like me, I like my jackets to be well tailored and a great fit for long lasting wear in the future.

Overall, the reasoning behind this trip to the mall for an experiment was for an assignment on my Parsons and Teen Vogue certificate program! Not only was it an assignment that I "had" to complete but an exciting experience to try out. I always knew that when shopping I always had to be really careful finding a garment in my size, Just because its the same number does not always mean it fits you. My best advice is to look through your closet and look at the items you have that fit you best. Look at the different sizing, and learn your body so when you shop... you are well aware of what would fit and what will not. Lastly, of course, TRY ON YOUR CLOTHING. That's why it is so important to try on clothing (As dreadful and time consuming) it can be to some people. It can come in really handy. When shopping online, look at the measurements tab, and measure yourself at home to see if the garment would fit your body as you hope.

Hope you guys enjoyed this post ! As usual, please comment below for any questions or concerns, 
Or click on the contact tab to email me directly! Thank you so much
XOXO


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

come back soon

come back soon